Administrative Assistant II -Human Services
- State Services
- Position Number:
- Salary Range:
- $2,954.00 - $3,900.00 Monthly
- Apply By:
- Monday, May 2, 2022, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Human Services
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
- Release Date:
- Thursday, April 21, 2022
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
The State Services section is seeking a positive, innovative, and dedicated individual to provide meaningful support to the Human Services unit. The Administrative Assistant II position offers the opportunity to work with highly engaged and collaborative teams in a fast-paced environment. This position is best suited for an individual who has experience providing administrative support, an attentive learner and is passionate about serving the people of Colorado. If you are looking for a career working with great teammates in a public service setting, apply today!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
This position is open only to Colorado state residents.
The State Services Section provides legal representation to eight of sixteen executive branch agencies including the departments of Human Services, Education, Higher Education, Personnel and Administration, Labor and Employment, Local Affairs, Health Care Policy and Financing, and Public Health and Environment: as well as the five statewide elected public officials, Judicial Department, and Public Utilities Commission.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the individual units’ attorneys and paralegals. Specific tasks include producing and/or proofreading correspondence, reports, pleadings and other legal documents; archiving files; properly directing telephone calls from the public and visitors; compiling information for reports; scheduling and arranging meetings, conference rooms, and conference calls; efficiently processing mail and distributing on a daily basis; faxing and scanning documents; assisting with travel arrangements and scheduling state cars for attorneys; maintaining desk manual for specific duties; providing backup for other support staff in the Section during times of heavy work load or when another administrative assistant is out of the office. The Administrative Assistant II is responsible for all e-filing of case documents in Administrative, District and County courts; opening cases for the unit, and assists with calendaring of court due dates for the Unit.
This position will primarily be working in office, with the occasional option to work remotely.
Salary note: Although a salary range is listed, salary will be set commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
This job posting may be used to fill multiple Administrative Assistant II positions at the DOL.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Two years of experience providing general clerical, administrative, or office support as the main function of your job. This experience must include providing administrative/ clerical/ office support to multiple staff.
- 30 semester hours (or equivalent) of university or college course work from an accredited institution may be substituted for one of the two years of administrative assistant/office clerical support experience.
- Qualified applicants must have at least one year of administrative assistant/office clerical support experience. If qualifying under the substitution, you will be required to provide a copy of your transcripts.
- Critical thinking and analysis skills, including the ability to make decisions based on office procedures
- Time management skills, including the ability to adapt as needed to meet shifting priorities and deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated attention to detail to ensure accuracy, thoroughness, and consistency of all work product
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively on a team
- Experience scheduling and planning meetings for staff, including managing calendars, preparing meeting/ conference rooms, preparing documents, etc.
- Experience coordinating travel, including submitting travel request forms, managing invoices, and approving expenditures
- Self-starter, including the ability to work independently, learn new processes, utilize own knowledge, and complete work with minimal supervision
- Ability to accept and apply constructive criticism, take ownership of mistakes, and improve from them
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- High technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to learn new systems
- Experience utilizing case management systems, such as ProLaw
- Experience utilizing legal research platforms, such as Westlaw
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
- Effective September 20, 2021, employees will be required to attest to and verify whether or not they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Employees who have not been fully vaccinated may be required to submit to serial testing in the future. Upon hire, new employees will have three (3) business days to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination. Vaccinated employees must provide proof of vaccination.Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, as defined by the State of Colorado’s Public Health Order and guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
View the full job announcement for more information and to apply online.