Administrative Assistant II- Natural Resources
- Natural Resources
- Position Number:
- Salary Range:
- $2,954.00 - $3,800.00 Monthly
- Apply By:
- Monday, May 30, 2022, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Natural Resources and Environment Section
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
- Release Date:
- Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
Find a rewarding career making a difference: Join the Office of the Attorney General!
The Natural Resources and Environment Section is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to join the team as an Administrative Assistant II. This position offers the opportunity to effectively interact with different groups of people at different levels. Our ideal candidate is someone who takes pride in their work and has the excitement to expand their skillset. If you love things that seem impossible and have a desire to join a collaborative and engaging team, apply today!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
This position is open only to Colorado state residents.
The Administrative Assistant II provides administrative and legal support services for attorneys and paralegals within the Natural Resources and Environment Section which provides legal representation for Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the State Land Board. The position effectively and efficiently performs general support activities, ensures that urgent matters are promptly referred to the appropriate attorney or paralegal and creates and produces correspondence, legal documents, and reports through the use of various MS Office applications.
This position also proofreads documents and court filings, performs document management, archiving legal cases and projects and overseeing all scheduling of appointments and conference rooms. As the support for all the attorneys and paralegals in this unit, this position calendars attorney and legal assistant activities, determines information to be obtained from client agencies, and creates, maintains and closes files. This position may also perform other related duties as assigned.
This position will primarily be working in office, with the occasional option to work remotely.
Salary note: Although a salary range is listed, salary will be set commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in the Department of Law.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Two years of experience providing administrative/clerical support in a professional office setting as the main function of your job.
- 30 semester hours (or equivalent) of university or college course work from an accredited institution may be substituted for one of the two years of administrative assistant/office clerical support experience.
- Qualified applicants must have at least one year of administrative assistant/office clerical support experience.
- Experience providing legal support
- Willingness to learn new processes and develop new skills (including developing knowledge and skill of qualifications listed here).
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with the E-filing process
- Experience working in a natural resource setting
- Experience using SharePoint
- Experience working with document management systems, case management systems, and document review systems
- Experience with MS products
- Experience using ProLaw
- Strong technical acumen
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
- Effective September 20, 2021, employees will be required to attest to and verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or, submit to twice-weekly serial testing. Upon hire, new employees will have three (3) business days to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination, or begin twice-weekly serial testing for COVID-19.Testing will be considered paid work time. Additional information regarding testing will be provided to those it applies to. Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, as defined by the State of Colorado’s Public Health Order and guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
View the full job announcement for more information and to apply online.