Applications Development Manager (IT Supervisor)
- Position Number:
- LAA 00046
- Salary Range:
- $7,424.00 - $10,000.00 Monthly
- Apply By:
- Monday, November 28, 2022, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Information Technology
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203 - Hybrid Work Options Available
- Release Date:
- Thursday, November 10, 2022
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
The Department of Law is seeking an experienced technology professional to lead application development for the IT unit and serve as the administrator for the case/matter system, ProLaw. This unique position provides the opportunity to lead the team developing business solutions in an agency that values innovation and collaborative business partnerships. This position is best suited for a leader who can move IT projects forward, while also maintaining their own ProLaw business management workload. The Applications Development Manager offers the opportunity to utilize your IT and ProLaw experience in a public service agency with an effective, dedicated and highly engaged workforce.
This position is open only to residents of Colorado.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Application Development Manager oversees the applications team, applications development, agency reporting, client billing, and the ProLaw business management system to provide world-class service to clients the agency serves.
The position plans, coordinates, manages, and leads a team in the activities related to the design, development, and implementation of agency information systems and software applications. This position oversees and ensures accountability for:
- Full life cycle delivery of technical solutions for business projects, including project scoping, managing internal and external relationships, overseeing the work of the unit to ensure processes are following best business practices, and participating in business analysis and project management tasks as needed.
- Listening to the needs of business partners and translating that into applications that fit the needs of business and end users
- Working with project manager to oversee projects
- Developing work standards, procedures, and best practices for Application Development Unit
- Conducting application development, testing, deployment and quality assurance
- Managing the team budget and tracking contracts for all applications assigned to team, including forecasting the budget for the team based on current and anticipated agency needs
- Tracking encumbrances, expenditures and reporting findings to the CIO
- Evaluating existing IT procedures and/or creating new procedures which enhance productivity and efficiency as they relate to existing and new applications in the DOL
- Formally supervising 3 professional staff on the application development including performance management, managing work arrangements and leave, and coaching and mentoring staff
- Evaluating unit workload to determine staffing needs; utilizing data to track projects, resources including personnel needed for successful implementation, and assigning work in unit based on analysis and workload trends.
The position serves as system administrator for ProLaw case/matter management system, monitoring system to reduce or eliminate potential risk of preventable loss of data; configuring data fields to reflect changes in data gathering and reporting needs; assuring data integrity; troubleshooting, testing system upgrades; analyzing and implementing system enhancements into production data base; and developing and revising polices, guidelines and procedures. The position administers ProLaw cost recovery billing of attorney time, processes monthly billing for monthly client statement reports, and runs reports as support for court-awarded attorney fees. The position may need to provide affidavits or testify at depositions on the policies, procedures and accuracy of the systems from which these reports are generated as requested or subpoenaed.
Salary note: Although a salary range is listed, salary will be set commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in the Department of Law.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Minimum Qualifications: Please document all relevant experience in detail on your application. Experience will not be inferred or assumed. Any part-time experience listed will be prorated.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree
- Four years of experience leading:
- application development, OR
- legal case management systems/databases, OR
- legal administration or litigation management, including project management.
- Experience must have included a minimum of two years of experience administering ProLaw case management system.
Preferred Qualifications: In addition to the minimum qualifications, the preferred applicant will also demonstrate and clearly describe the following skills and experience in their job application:
- Experience leading an application development team with website maintenance and SharePoint administration
- Experience with strategic management/leadership experience designing, developing, and implementing information systems and software applications
- Knowledge of databases, data management, data reporting, troubleshooting, and testing, developing
- Ability to navigate stakeholder expectations on behalf of DOL application development
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Experience leading IT procedures and policy development
- Experience with budget and vendor contract oversight
- Experience with project management
- Experience with supervision and leadership
- Experience with staffing and resource management
- Effective critical thinking, complex problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to develop strong ongoing professional relationships and foster strategic partnerships
- Strong organizing, planning and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Master’s degree in information technology related field will substitute for one year of the required experience. Experience leading application development, legal administration, legal case management systems, litigation management will substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis. There is no substitution for the required ProLaw experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
- Effective August 15, 2022, this position will require documented proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. New employees will be required to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination within three (3) business days of hire. Employees who have not been fully vaccinated may be required to submit to serial testing in the future. In the event of serial testing, religious and medical exemptions and reasonable accommodation shall be addressed as required by law pursuant to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s vaccination guidance.