IT Technician- Help Desk
- Position Number:
- Salary Range:
- $3,801.00 - $5,500.00 Monthly
- Apply By:
- Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Information Technology
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
- Release Date:
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
Find a rewarding career making a difference: Join the Office of the Attorney General!
The Information Technology (IT) unit is seeking a motivated Help Desk Technician that is eager to learn and provide exceptional support while fulfilling the Department of Law’s vision. This opportunity is perfect for someone who is interested in developing their skills, thrives in a collaborative environment, and is passionate about resolving technical matters. If you are skilled at providing direct support to customers on complex issues while utilizing new technology, this role is for you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
This position is open only to Colorado state residents.
The Information Technology (IT) Unit provides user-friendly, reliable office automation, legal research, and information management so that the department can represent the client agencies and the State of Colorado in legal matters as competently and economically as possible. The Unit provides system design, programming, implementation, training, and technical assistance while maintaining confidentiality, integrity and security in all systems operated by the unit.
This position provides Tier 1 technical support in both hardware and software provided to the Department of Law’s users by responding to user problems, then troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving the situation under the direction of the unit manager; and maintaining inventory information for the unit. Position will support a broad variety of hardware and software used in the unit, while assisting with the day-to-day requests for help from the end users.
Salary note: Although a salary range is listed, salary will be set commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
This job posting may be used to fill other positions at the DOL.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Associates degree from an accredited institution in information technology, computer information systems or a closely related field.
- One year of professional experience providing technical support as the main function of your job. This experience must include servicing hardware and software.
Note: Candidates possessing a foreign degree must submit a translation (evaluation) of their degree from an accredited institution, such as The National Association of Credential Evaluations Services in order to be given credit for the degree.
- Technical support experience will substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Training or certification in a subject matter directly related to the position will substitute for one year of the degree requirement.
- There is no substitution for the one year of work experience in technical support.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Versatile, flexible and willing to work in an environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail in order to keep detailed notes on tickets
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic computer technical issues
- Ability to effectively work on a dynamic team and work with other diverse teams
- Experience providing technical support beyond the required one year;
- Extensive experience servicing hardware and software
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Knowledge of ITIL v3
- Experience using multimedia conversion software in a professional setting;
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory;
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge and experience using Adobe Acrobat Professional.
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
- The position will be required to be in the office
- Effective September 20, 2021, employees will be required to attest to and verify whether or not they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Employees who have not been fully vaccinated may be required to submit to serial testing in the future. Upon hire, new employees will have three (3) business days to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination.
Vaccinated employees must provide proof of vaccination.Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single- dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, as defined by the most recent State of Colorado’s Public Health Order and current guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
View the full job announcement for more information and to apply online.