Program Assistant- Revenue & Utilities
- Revenue & Utilities
- Position Number:
- Salary Range:
- $4,174.00 - $5,400.00 Monthly
- Apply By:
- Monday, September 26, 2022, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Revenue & Utilities Section
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
- Release Date:
- Friday, September 9, 2022
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
The Revenue & Utilities section is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and dedicated individual to provide meaningful support to the Tobacco Settlement Enforcement Unit. The Program Assistant position will work with a Senior Assistant Attorney General to support the work of the Tobacco Settlement Enforcement Unit. This position is best suited for a professional that has experience providing high-level office, administrative, or program support.
To learn more about the work of the TSE Unit, go to: https://coag.gov/office-sections/revenue-utilities/tobacco/
This position is open only to residents of Colorado.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Revenue & Utilities Section provides litigation and general counsel support to the Department of Revenue, the Trial Staff of the Public Utilities Commission within the Department of Regulatory Agencies, the Property Tax Administrator and Property Tax Division within the Department of Local Affairs, and statewide clients regarding bankruptcy matters.
The successful candidate will provide independent legal, litigation, and regulatory support to the Tobacco Settlement Enforcement attorney. This position will perform fully operational tasks such as organizing documents and files, data management, responding to outside regulatory questions, coordinating with Tobacco Product Manufacturers quarterly and annual regulatory filings, coordinating with the Department of Revenue on regulatory filings by cigarette and tobacco products distributors and the publishing of the Colorado Certified Brands Directory.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Review quarterly and annual filings by all tobacco product manufacturers certified to sell in Colorado
- Manage tracking spreadsheets and checklists on all filings to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Maintain data management systems that allows for efficient organization, protection, evaluation and retrieval of data
- Review and summarize data collected from tobacco product manufacturers, distributers and the Department of Revenue
- Coordinate with Colorado departments and agencies
- Prepare correspondence to multistate partners, escrow agents, counsel, distributors and retailers
- Assist tobacco counsel in responding to inquires from internal and external customers
- Research and make independent judgements related to results
- Assemble and maintain large quantities of document files into case management systems
- Track all escrow deposits, data and accounts held for the benefit of the State of Colorado
- Contact witnesses to gather data related to arbitration
- Maintain and protect existing files and file structure for each tobacco product manufacturer
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required
Salary note: Although a salary range is listed, salary will be set commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in the Department of Law.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Requires four years of high-level office/administrative/program support experience as the main function of your job, which must have included one year of reviewing regulations, statutes or legal settlements.
An Associate’s degree or Paralegal certificate will substitute for 2 years of high-level office/administrative/program support experience.
There is no substitution for the required one year of experience reviewing regulations, statutes, or legal settlements as the main function of your job.
Note: Candidates possessing a foreign degree must submit a translation (evaluation) of their degree from an accredited institution, such as The National Association of Credential Evaluations Services in order to be given credit for the degree.
- Previous experience working with governmental agencies
- Arbitration and alternative dispute resolution support experience
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of filing tasks, from initiation to completion
- Experience handling complex electronic and digital document formatting, organization and management
- Ability to correspond professionally with internal and external customers
- Excellent decision making, judgement and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional Excel, Relativity (or other database programs) and Access skills
- Experience with document review, editing, coding and organization
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
- This position will be required to be in office.
- Effective August 15, 2022, this position will require documented proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. New employees will be required to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination within three (3) business days of hire. Employees who have not been fully vaccinated may be required to submit to serial testing in the future. Religious and medical exemptions and reasonable accommodation shall be addressed as required by law pursuant to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s vaccination guidance.
Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, as defined by the most recent State of Colorado’s Public Health Order and current guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
View the full job announcement for more information and to apply online.