Talent Acquisition Specialist (HR Specialist III)
- Position Number:
- LAA 00633
- Salary Range:
- $5,000.00 - $6,500.00 Monthly
- Apply By:
- Friday, July 15, 2022, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Human Resources
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
- Release Date:
- Thursday, June 30, 2022
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
Find a rewarding career making a difference: Join the Office of the Attorney General!
The Department of Law is recruiting for an experienced HR specialist to partner with supervisors to hire top talent for legal and administrative positions. This is a great opportunity to join our high functioning HR team, working with applicants, employees and management throughout the full employment lifecycle. In this role you’ll dig into new challenges, working collaboratively with a team with deep HR knowledge where you can contribute and grow professionally. If you enjoy variety in your work and you want to support important work that impacts communities across Colorado, this may be the career move you’re looking for!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Employment Team in the Human Resources Unit provides services throughout the employee lifecycle for applicants and employees of the Department of Law. Services include recruitment and selection, job evaluation, Fair Labor Standards Act compliance, compensation, personal services contracts review, performance management, consulting with management/supervisors to resolve personnel issues, personnel records management, organizational development, training/professional development, and employee relations and communications.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist on the Employment Team position will primarily focus on the hiring process, supporting managers in writing job descriptions, compensation analysis, and new employee onboarding for assigned sections in the Department of Law. Duties include:
- Assisting managers with drafting position descriptions, reviewing and classifying positions in accordance with State of Colorado job evaluation criteria
- Partnering with managers on recruitment processes for attorney hiring AND recruiting and conducting candidate selection assessment within the framework of the State Personnel system for classified positions
- Interpreting and applying rules and law as it relates to various personnel actions
- Conducting salary analyses in accordance with State Personnel Rules, Department policy and procedures and the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act
- Managing data and documents for personnel actions throughout the employment lifecycle
- Onboarding new employees and presenting at New Employee Orientation
- Developing and presenting training with other members of the HR unit
- Participating in statewide working groups
- Collaborating with others in the HR Unit on a variety of projects
Salary note: Although the full salary range is listed, salaries are typically set closer to the range midpoint. Salary will be set commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
This recruitment may be used to fill other Human Resources Specialist positions in the Department of Law.
This position is open only to residents of Colorado.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution AND
- Two years of professional experience overseeing hiring processes which must have included 1) recruiting and 2) developing selection assessments/developing screening processes of candidates, as the main function of your job
- Experience with the State of Colorado classified hiring process, including PCP certification in Selection and Job Evaluation OR
- Extensive professional HR experience with recruiting and hiring OR
- Professional experience overseeing hiring processes including recruiting and developing selection assessments in a government or corporate organization that utilizes a structured job classification and compensation system equivalent to the State of Colorado classified system
- Experience developing formal job descriptions and conducting job analyses
- Proficiency using a variety of data systems, HRIS, and applicant tracking systems, specifically NEOGOV
- Comfort learning and using new data systems
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills and desire to take initiative to resolve challenges
- Excellent writing skills and oral communication
- Requires proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Customer service focus
- Demonstrated professional demeanor
- Excellent time management skills, ability to manage a heavy workload, and flexibility to shift priorities when needed
- Strong collaboration skills in a team setting
Substitutions: Professional human resources experience overseeing hiring processes including recruiting and developing selection assessments will substitute for the required bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis. A master’s degree in human resources, organizational development, or other master’s degree with a human resources focus will substitute for one year of the required experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
- This position will be a hybrid work arrangement, working both remotely and in office.
- Effective September 20, 2021, employees will be required to attest to and verify whether or not they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Employees who have not been fully vaccinated may be required to submit to serial testing in the future. Upon hire, new employees will have three (3) business days to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination. Vaccinated employees must provide proof of vaccination.
Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, as defined by the most recent State of Colorado’s Public Health Order and current guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
The Office of the Attorney General offers challenging, interesting, and meaningful work. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that a diverse work force adds quality and perspective to the services we provide to the public. Candidates with diverse qualities and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
View the full job announcement for more information and to apply online.