Training and Outreach Specialist
- Division of Community Engagement
- Position Number:
- LAA 00239
- Salary Range:
- $4,370.00 - $6,000.00 Monthly
- Apply By:
- Monday, May 16, 2022, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
- Release Date:
- Friday, April 29, 2022
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
Find a rewarding career making a difference: Join the Office of the Attorney General!
The Safe2Tell team is looking for an experienced training professional to join their team! Safe2Tell’s state-wide anonymous tip line impacts citizens across the state of Colorado. The Training and Outreach Specialist will work directly with students, parents, school staff, and law enforcement throughout Colorado to build awareness of the program, share core messaging and teach best practices to response teams . If you’re interested in working face-to-face with Coloradoans across the state, taking an active role in prevention and intervention of violence, this position is for you!
Safe2Tell ensures that every Colorado student, parent, teacher and community member has access to a safe and anonymous way to report any concerns about their safety and the safety of others, with a focus on early intervention and prevention through awareness and education. Safe2Tell accomplishes this by engaging youth and adults to feel comfortable raising concerns in their communities and by fostering a culture and climate of respect and help. Safe2Tell manages a sophisticated system to receive and disseminate reports to local partners. The program also provides education and awareness training to law enforcement and students, faculty and staff regarding when, how and why to report community safety issues.
This position is open only to residents of Colorado.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Training and Outreach Specialist is responsible for administering the training program for the Safe2Tell Program. Duties include:
- Developing and maintaining educational curriculum and training presentations to increase awareness of Safe2Tell
- Coordinating and conducting school-based and regional trainings as well as other training activities for educating youth, parents, school administrators, school staff, and law enforcement professionals through the Safe2Tell model
- Coordinating with local level educators in the development of classroom guided discussions and Safe2Tell extension activities
- Training and certifying presenters on Safe2Tell messaging, tracking training efforts, and provide technical assistance to school officials and law enforcement for implementing Safe2Tell in Colorado schools and communities
- Providing resources and materials to assist trained personnel in the promotion of Safe2Tell and the appropriate use of Safe2Tell
- Coordinating and hosting Safe2Tell booths and outreach events at community functions, conferences, and school events
- Analyzing school, district, and/or region data trends and to create an outreach strategy for specific schools, and communities
Salary note: Although a salary range is listed, salary will be set commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in the Department of Law.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in education, organizational development, communications, or a closely related field AND
- Two years of professional experience developing, creating, delivering and assessing training curriculum for adults AND K-12 students.
- Requires a valid driver’s license
Professional experience developing, creating, delivering and assessing training curriculum for adults will substituted for the required education on a year for year basis. A master’s degree in education, organizational development, communications or other closely related fields will substitute for one year of the required experience.
- Broad experience independently developing and administering a training program (planning, coordinating logistics, managing certifications, extension activities, training evaluation, etc.)
- Ability to evaluate trends and adjust messaging in lessons, materials, and presentations
- Experience evaluating data to adjust outreach strategies
- Foundational understanding of the Safe2Tell program
- Knowledge and experience that provides an awareness of school business cycles
- Experience preparing presentation proposals for outreach events
- Experience coordinating and staffing outreach events
- Proficiency in MS Office programs such as Word and Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with technology and the ability to independently solve basic IT connectivity issues
- Ability to take initiative to independently find creative solutions; being a self-starter and self motivated
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences including kids, teenagers, law enforcement, school staff and adults
Conditions of Employment:
- Requires statewide travel up to 50% of the time, most of which are day trips.
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
- Effective September 20, 2021, employees will be required to attest to and verify whether or not they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Employees who have not been fully vaccinated may be required to submit to serial testing in the future. Upon hire, new employees will have three (3) business days to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination. Vaccinated employees must provide proof of vaccination.
Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, as defined by the most recent State of Colorado’s Public Health Order and current guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
View the full job announcement for more information and to apply online.