Training Specialist III
- Criminal Justice
- Position Number:
- Salary Range:
- $4,600.00 - $5,600.00 Monthly
- Apply By:
- Monday, June 27, 2022, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- POST Board
- Job Location:
- Release Date:
- Tuesday, June 21, 2022
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
The Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) Unit is looking for an experienced training professional to join their team! This position is perfect for someone with a passion for adult learning, training development, and training delivery. In this role, you will help support, improve, and elevate law enforcement throughout the state of Colorado. If you are a creative and independent individual who is driven by making a difference in the state in which you live, this position is for you!
This position is open only to residents of Colorado.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
This work unit exists to assist the P.O.S.T. Board with the statutory requirements of the supervision of statutorily mandated P.O.S.T. created curriculum and the supervision and creation of training to support Colorado Law Enforcement. This unit will be responsible for ensuring training needs of the law enforcement community are met by regularly developing and changing existing curriculum to meet the needs outlined. This position will work with the Training Program Manager and the Grant Program Manager to secure funding so appropriate training of trainers can take place with the goal of agencies having trainers in-house or nearby to assist agencies in developing their own annual training programs. This position will also help to develop and teach curriculum useful to all levels of law enforcement.
This position will be working with all training regions and Colorado law enforcement agencies to identify training needs within each region. This includes; conducting needs assessments, selecting appropriate presenters/vendors, selecting training courses based on regional needs and selecting appropriate training locations. Collaborates with the Training Program Manager when receiving training proposals/requests and determining how to best accommodate such requests. Works with the Training Program Manager, the POST Director and the POST Board to continually make improvement recommendations to the Continuing Education program, both for POST and for the 350 law enforcement agencies affected by the statutory requirements.
Salary note: Although a salary range is listed, salary will be set commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in the Department of Law.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Minimum Qualifications: Please document all relevant experience in detail on your application. Experience will not be inferred or assumed. Any part-time experience listed will be prorated.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in criminal justice, communications, psychology, sociology, or a closely related field; AND
- Two years of professional experience developing, creating, and assessing adult training curriculum.
Professional experience developing, creating, delivering and assessing training curriculum for adults will substituted for the required education on a year for year basis. A master’s degree in criminal justice, communications, psychology, sociology or other closely related fields will substitute for one year of the required experience.
Preferred Qualifications: In addition to the minimum qualifications, the preferred applicant will also demonstrate and clearly describe the some or most of the following skills and experience in their job application:
- Curriculum development in a law enforcement setting
- Law enforcement training management that included evaluating training needs assessments
- Proficiency in MS Office programs such as Word and Excel
- Proficiency in and experience working with Learning Management Systems and ELearning Authoring Tools (i.e. Lectora, Adobe Captivate)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience developing and editing digital media content for online learning.
- Experience with e-learning platforms and managing e-learning content.
Note: Candidates possessing a foreign degree must submit a translation (evaluation) of their degree from an accredited institution, such as The National Association of Credential Evaluations Services in order to be given credit for the degree.
Conditions of Employment:
- Requires statewide travel up to 50% of the time, including occasional overnight travel. Applicants must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s license.
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
- Effective September 20, 2021, employees will be required to attest to and verify whether or not they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Employees who have not been fully vaccinated may be required to submit to serial testing in the future. Upon hire, new employees will have three (3) business days to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination. Vaccinated employees must provide proof of vaccination.
Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, as defined by the most recent State of Colorado’s Public Health Order and current guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
To view the full job announcement and to apply please visit the State of Colorado jobs page.