Find a rewarding career making a difference:
Join the Colorado Department of Law and the Attorney General’s Team!
The Colorado Department of Law is the largest law firm in the State. The Attorney General is elected by popular vote of the statewide electorate and is the State's chief lawyer and law enforcement official.
Attorney General Cynthia H. Coffman oversees the Department and manages a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Prosecuting and defending all civil and criminal actions in which the State has an interest, including on appeal
• Defending the laws and the Constitution of the State of Colorado
• Protecting consumers from scams and fraudulent activity
• Serving as legal advisor to officers of the State of Colorado and defending them from legal challenge
• Protecting and preserving Colorado’s natural resources
• Advocating for policies that help law enforcement improve community safety
• Investigating and prosecuting Medicaid fraud throughout the State
In addition to the challenging and impactful work being done at the Colorado Department of Law, there are many other benefits to joining the Attorney General’s team:
• Distinctive career advancement opportunities throughout the State system
• Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including PERA’s Defined Benefit Plan or PERA’s Defined Contribution Plan, including 401K
and 457 plans
• Medical and dental health plans
• Paid life insurance
• Short and long-term disability coverage
• Paid vacation and sick leave earned each month
• 10 paid holidays per year
• Free access to a fitness center located in the Ralph L. Carr Colorado Judicial Center
• Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible work schedules, professional development opportunities, and an employee discount program
The Department of Law is an equal opportunity employer and understands that a diverse work force adds quality and perspective to the services we provide to the public. We encourage candidates with diverse qualities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply.