There are two vacancies for this position. The full-time temporary assignment is expected to last through March 2020, with the potential for longer employment.
Find a rewarding career making a difference:
Join the Office of the Attorney General/Colorado Department of Law Team!
The Office of the Attorney General/Colorado Department of Law is the largest law firm in the State. The Attorney General is elected by popular vote of the statewide electorate and is the State's chief lawyer and law enforcement official.
Attorney General Phil Weiser oversees the Department and manages a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Prosecuting and defending all civil and criminal actions in which the State has an interest
• Defending the laws and the Constitution of the State of Colorado
• Protecting consumers from scams and fraudulent activity
• Serving as legal advisor to officers of the State of Colorado and defending them from legal challenge
• Protecting and preserving Colorado’s natural resources
• Advocating for policies that help law enforcement improve community safety
• Investigating and prosecuting Medicaid fraud throughout the State
In addition to the challenging and impactful work being done at the Office of the Attorney General/Colorado Department of Law, there are many other benefits to joining the Attorney General’s team:
• Distinctive career advancement opportunities throughout the State system
• Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including 401K and 457 plans
• Medical and dental health plans
• Paid life insurance
• Short and long-term disability coverage
• Paid vacation and sick leave earned each month
• 10 paid holidays per year
• Free access to a fitness center located in the Ralph L. Carr Colorado Judicial Center
• Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible work schedules, professional development opportunities, and an employee discount program
The Office of the Attorney General offers the opportunity to be involved in challenging, interesting, and meaningful work. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that a diverse work force adds quality and perspective to the services we provide to the public. We encourage candidates with diverse qualities and backgrounds to apply.
Information about the Job: The Opioid Unit of the Consumer Protection Section is in need of two attorneys to assist Unit lawyers investigating and litigating cases involving opioid manufacturers, distributors, and retailers under the Colorado Consumer Protection Act and other consumer protection laws. Responsibilities may include reviewing documents, researching legal issues, assisting with discovery and other pre-trial activities, and clearly communicating with Unit lawyers.
Job Qualifications: Must be licensed to practice law in Colorado or clearly eligible to waive into the Colorado Bar and have experience reviewing documents on electronic platforms (may include work as a law clerk or in a law school clinic setting). The preferred candidates will have experience reviewing complex documents, ability to identify and analyze legal issues, experience in all aspects of written discovery, depositions, motions practice, and other pre-trial activities, strong written and oral skills, and have a strong desire to serve the public.
All final candidates for employment must successfully pass through a criminal background investigation.
Please submit a resume, cover letter writing sample and three professional references to:
Consumer Protection: Office Manager