Administrative Assistant II
- Revenue & Utilities
- Position Number:
- LAA 00198
- Salary Range:
- $3,013.00 - $4,286.00 Monthly
- Apply By:
- Monday, February 13, 2023, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
- Release Date:
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
Find a rewarding career making a difference: Join the Office of the Attorney General!
The Administrative Assistant II in the Revenue and Utilities Section provides the opportunity to be part of a highly engaged and collaborative team, with great camaraderie. This position is best for someone who likes variety, where you’ll perform new and interesting work daily. This position supports complex cases, involved in implementing new law and regulation among other work.
This position is open only to Colorado state residents.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Administrative Assistant II provides general administrative support in the Revenue and Utilities Section. This includes include serving as backup to Administrative Assistants in the Section, ordering office supplies, coordinating logistics for meetings; creating and formatting spreadsheets, databases, and legal documents; and reviewing and distributing mail.
In addition, the position performs the following duties in support of paralegals and attorneys in the Section:
- retrieves court and other public documents; organizes and indexes legal documents;
- assists paralegals and attorneys with all aspects of preparing for trial and administrative hearings including arranging for document production and preparing exhibits and trial notebooks;
- generates and mails correspondence and other documents by using MS Office programs;
- proofreads and edits legal documents for accuracy and clarity;
- maintains electronic trial and deposition calendars;
- maintains case status reports, calendars pertinent information and assists with other
- electronic data management;
- creates, organizes and closes case files;
- travels by state vehicle or on foot to hand deliver documents to courts or clients and retrieves hard copies from client; and
- proofs documents for typos and ensures case information, dates and certificates of service are correct.
Salary note: Although a salary range is listed, salary will be set commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Requires two years of general clerical/office support experience as the primary function of the job (clerical/office support experience cannot be incidental to the main job performed to meet these minimum qualifications).
- Strong administrative support skills including the ability to solve problems proactively
- General clerical experience in a law office, court system, or other legal setting
- Experience supporting attorneys with the litigation process, including assembling documents and exhibits for pleadings/court filings and organizing case files
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Experience with electronic case management systems/databases and with the e-filing process
- Customer service focus
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Requires outstanding organizational skills and demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
Substitutions: University or college course work from an accredited institution may be substituted for up to one year of the general clerical/office support experience. Transcripts must be provided with the application.
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
- This position will initially be working in office, with the opportunity/option to work remotely part of the week upon a proven track record and supervisor approval.
The Office of the Attorney General offers challenging, interesting, and meaningful work. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that a diverse work force adds quality and perspective to the services we provide to the public. Candidates with diverse qualities and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
View the full job announcement for more information and to apply online.