The Attorney General’s Victim Assistance Program provides information and support for victims of violent crimes in all cases handled by the several units within the criminal justice section. Among other duties, the advocate in this unit provides referral to post-trauma counseling and referral to victim compensation.
In District Court cases handled by this office and in cases heard before both the Colorado Court of Appeals and the Colorado Supreme Court, the victim advocate is available to accompany and offer support to victims of crime. This unit is also charged with supporting all of the prosecutors in the criminal justice section on case assistance and support related to the Colorado’s Victims’ Rights Act.
Similar victim services are available at the local level. For information about crime victim services in your area call your local police department or District Attorney’s Office.
- Colorado Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Colorado Domestic Violence Statistics
- Office for Victims Programs (Colorado Department of Public Safety)
- Colorado Organization for Victim Assistance
- Rose Andom Center
- Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Sexual Violence Prevention
- Teen Dating Violence School Safety Resource Center
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Preventing Domestic Violence
- Colorado Crisis Services
- The Jason Foundation
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline | 1-800-273-TALK (8225)