Administrative Assistant II (Criminal Appeals)
- Criminal Appeals
- Position Number:
- Salary Range:
- $37,920.00 - $49,200.00 Yearly
- Apply By:
- Monday, October 9, 2023, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Criminal Appeals
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
- Release Date:
- Thursday, October 5, 2023
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
The Criminal Appeals section is seeking a detail orientated, innovative, and dedicated individual to provide support to their team. This administrative assistant will provide support in a unique and diverse subject area that offers the opportunity to expand your knowledge of the criminal justice system. If you thrive on detail-oriented work and are hoping for an opportunity to work on a collaborative administrative team, this position is for you!
Sign-On bonuses will be paid based on the following timeline:
$500.00 – Time of hire
$500.00 – 12 months after hire
These positions are open only to Colorado state residents.The Criminal Appeals Section is Colorado’s prosecutorial authority at the appellate level of the criminal justice system. Our primary function is to serve the people of Colorado, as well as the interests of justice, by ethically and efficiently defending felony convictions before the Colorado Court of Appeals and Supreme Court. We do this by writing answer briefs and orally arguing cases, which range from relatively minor postconviction issues to complex white-collar crime, homicides, child abuse, and sexual assaults. This position provides administrative/ legal support and case management to the Criminal Appeals section.
Salary note: Although a salary range is listed, salary will be set commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
This job posting may be used to fill multiple Administrative Assistant II positions at the DOL.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Minimum Qualifications: Please document all relevant experience in detail on your application. Experience will not be inferred or assumed. Any part-time experience listed will be prorated.
- Two years of experience providing general clerical, administrative, or office support as the main function of your job.
- 30 semester hours (or equivalent) of university or college course work from an accredited institution may be substituted for one of the two years of administrative assistant/office clerical support experience.
- Qualified applicants must have at least one year of administrative assistant/office clerical support experience. If qualifying under the substitution, you will be required to provide a copy of your transcripts.
Note: Candidates possessing a foreign degree must submit a translation (evaluation) of their degree from an accredited institution, such as The National Association of Credential Evaluations Services in order to be given credit for the degree.
- Critical thinking and analysis skills, including the ability to make decisions based on office procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail to ensure accuracy, thoroughness, and consistency of all work product
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively on a team
Preferred Qualifications: In addition to the minimum qualifications, the preferred applicant will also demonstrate and clearly describe the following skills and experience in their job application:
- Intermediate or Advanced proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to adapt as needed to meet shifting priorities and deadlines
- Experience scheduling and planning meetings for staff, including managing calendars, preparing meeting/ conference rooms, preparing documents, etc.
- Self-starter, including the ability to work independently, learn new processes, utilize own knowledge, and complete work with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- High technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to learn new systems
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
- Hybrid working arrangement for this position requires that the successful candidate works in the office a minimum of 3 days per week.
To view the full job announcement, including information about benefits and compensation, and to apply, please visit the State of Colorado jobs page.