Administrative Assistant II – Natural Resources and Environment
- Natural Resources
- Position Number:
- LAA 00019
- Salary Range:
- $37,920.00 - $50,400.00 Yearly
- Apply By:
- Friday, January 19, 2024, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Division of Parks & Wildlife
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
- Release Date:
- Wednesday, January 3, 2024
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
The Natural Resources and Environment Section is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to join the team as an Administrative Assistant II. This position offers the opportunity to effectively interact with different groups of people at different levels. Our ideal candidate is someone who takes pride in their work and has the excitement to expand their skillset. If you love things that seem impossible and have a desire to join a collaborative and engaging team, apply today!
$500.00 – Time of hire
$500.00 – Time of certification (12 months after hire)
Eligible only to hires new to the Colorado State Personnel System
This position is open only to Colorado state residents.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Administrative Assistant II provides administrative and legal support services for attorneys and paralegals within the Natural Resources and Environment Section which provides legal representation for Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the State Land Board. The position effectively and efficiently performs general support activities, ensures that urgent matters are promptly referred to the appropriate attorney or paralegal and creates and produces correspondence, legal documents, and reports through the use of various MS Office applications.
This position also proofreads documents and court filings, performs document management, archiving legal cases and projects and overseeing all scheduling of appointments and conference rooms. As the support for all the attorneys and paralegals in this unit, this position calendars attorney and legal assistant activities, determines information to be obtained from client agencies, and creates, maintains and closes files. This position may also perform other related duties as assigned.
This position will primarily be working in office, with the occasional option to work remotely.
Salary note: Although a salary range is listed, salary will be set commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Salary will be paid on a biweekly basis.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Minimum qualifications are:
- Two years of experience providing administrative/ clerical support in a professional office setting as the main function of your job.
- 30 semester hours (or equivalent) of university or college course work from an accredited institution may be substituted for one of the two years of administrative assistant/office clerical support experience.
- Qualified applicants must have at least one year of administrative assistant/office clerical support experience. If qualifying under the substitution, you will be required to provide a copy of your transcripts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Effective oral and written communication with internal and external customers
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
Preferred Qualifications: In addition to the minimum qualifications, if you possess any of the following specifically include the details on your application.
- Experience providing legal support
- Willingness to learn new processes and develop new skills (including developing knowledge and skill of qualifications listed here).
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with the E-filing process
- Experience working in a natural resource setting
- Experience using SharePoint
- Experience working with document management systems, case management systems, and document review systems
- Experience with MS products
- Experience using ProLaw
- Strong technical acumen
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
View the full job announcement for more information, including information about compensation and benefits, and to apply online.