Administrative Assistant III – Receptionist
- Office of the Attorney General
- Position Number:
- Salary Range:
- $48,396.00 - $61,200.00 Yearly
- Apply By:
- Thursday, August 24, 2023, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
- Release Date:
- Friday, August 11, 2023
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
Come join the Department of Law (DOL) where we are principled public servants who are innovative and better together. Our receptionists are a critical part of the DOL and they are usually the first point of contact for anyone who reaches out to our department. You will have daily interaction with the Colorado Attorney General, DOL staff, and members of the public as well as undertake a variety of other work. If you’re interested to learn all that our office does on behalf of the residents of CO, we encourage you to apply today!
This position is open only to Colorado state residents.
The Office of the Attorney General (OAG) consists of the elected Attorney General, Chief Deputy Attorney General, Associate Chief Deputy Attorney General, Solicitor General, Deputy for Intergovernmental Affairs, Director of Communications, and associated administrative staff. The OAG is responsible for setting legal policy for the Department of Law and for the State of Colorado. The OAG manages the Department of Law through the work of ten operational sections, Consumer Protection, Criminal Justice, Criminal Appeals, State Services, Business & Licensing, Revenue & Utilities, Civil Litigation & Employment Law, Natural Resources & Environment, Division of Community Engagement, and Administration.The Department of Law represents and defends the legal interests of the people of the State of Colorado and its sovereignty. The Attorney General has primary authority for enforcement of consumer protection laws, prosecution of criminal appeals, antitrust laws, and certain natural resource and environmental matters and complex white-collar. The Attorney General is the chief legal counsel and advisor to state government including the governor, judicial branch, and the many state agencies, boards, and commissions.This administrative assistant will be responsible for the administrative operations of the front desk and reception area of the DOL. This person will also serve as the administrative coordinator of the DOL internship program. Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing support to the Internship Program for the Department of Law by coordinating with other law schools and candidates, scheduling meetings, and posting the opportunity;
- Responding professionally to telephone calls;
- Greeting visitors to the Department of Law;
- Accepting deliveries and service of processes for the Department;
- Responding to constituent inquiries by letter and email on behalf of the OAG;
- Performing other related duties as assigned or required.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Minimum Qualifications: Please document all relevant experience in detail on your application. Experience will not be inferred or assumed. Any part-time experience listed will be prorated.
- Three years of administrative assistant or clerical support in a professional office setting as the main function of your job. This experience must include providing exceptional customer service and managing a high volume of calls.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field may substitute for general experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Qualified applicants must have at least one year of administrative assistant/office clerical support experience. If qualifying under the substitution, you will be required to provide a copy of your transcripts.
Note: Candidates possessing a foreign degree must submit a translation (evaluation) of their degree from an accredited institution, such as The National Association of Credential Evaluations Services in order to be given credit for the degree.
- Critical thinking and analysis skills, including the ability to make decisions based on office procedures
- Time management skills, including the ability to adapt as needed to meet shifting priorities and deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated attention to detail to ensure accuracy, thoroughness, and consistency of all work product
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively on a team
Preferred Qualifications: In addition to the minimum qualifications, the preferred applicant will also demonstrate and clearly describe the following skills and experience in their job application:
- Experience working with confidential information;
- Experience working for executives, including escorting guests, answering calls, and drafting correspondence;
- Advanced proficiency working with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Teams and SharePoint);
- Experience working with data and tracking systems;
- Additional experience beyond the two years providing administrative support.
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
- The position will be required to work in the office 5 days per week (Monday -Friday).