Executive Assistant to CIO- Part-time
- Position Number:
- Salary Range:
- $1,872.00 - $2,450.00 Monthly
- Apply By:
- Monday, March 13, 2023, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Information Technology
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
- Release Date:
- Monday, February 27, 2023
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
Sign-On bonuses will be paid based on the following timeline:
$500.00 – Time of hire
$500.00 – 12 months after hire
WHAT YOU WILL DO
This position is open only to Colorado state residents.
The Executive Assistant provides financial and budget support as well as general administrative support for the Chief Information Office, Chief Transformation Officer and the IT Unit in accordance with State and DOL policies and procedures. Duties include the following:
- Collaborates with IT and Department leadership to estimate budget allocation; determines best method to track and present monthly reporting on budget for all units in IT and leadership on behalf of the CIO
- Oversees all purchasing for the IT unit, processes purchase orders and invoices, coordinates with Department procurement staff; orders office supplies
- Monitors contracts for upcoming renewals as necessary; coordinates with contract managers and procurement staff to renew contracts
- Reconciles invoices with PO encumbrances, monthly PO status reports from financial staff with IT budget records and works with vendors to ensure prices
- Ensures that all relevant information and approvals have been obtained, and that information in purchasing documents is correct and in compliance with department policies and procedures as well as State Procurement and Fiscal Rules
- Evaluates IT Unit hard copy and electronic file directories and determines changes needed to make file organization more effective and efficient
- Researches, evaluates, communicates and/or organizes material with little guidance using independent decision making to evaluate best course of action in order to complete the task and follow through as appropriate
- Provides executive administrative support to the CIO and Chief Transformation Officer and serves as a resource for IT staff regarding administrative procedures within the Unit; schedules unit meetings, prepares agendas, takes notes, assists the unit with confidential matters, and facilitates in resolving potential issues
- Determines design, content and layout for various documents and presentations created for CIO and other IT Unit staff. Utilizes software, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Teams, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint to organize and track administrative information as needed
Salary note: Although a salary range is listed, salary will be set commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
This job posting may be used to fill multiple Administrative Assistant positions at the DOL.
Three years of experience providing general clerical, administrative, or office support as the main function of your job.
- Requires proficiency with MS Office applications, as well as outstanding organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in technical accounting, purchasing and procurement
- Strong knowledge with Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer service focus
- Strong communications skill
- 30 semester hours (or equivalent) of university or college course work from an accredited institution may be substituted for one of the three years of administrative assistant/office clerical support experience.
- Qualified applicants must have at least two years of administrative assistant/office clerical support experience. If qualifying under the substitution, you will be required to provide a copy of your transcripts.
Note: Candidates possessing a foreign degree must submit a translation (evaluation) of their degree from an accredited institution, such as The National Association of Credential Evaluations Services in order to be given credit for the degree.
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
- This position offers the opportunity to work remotely.
View the full job announcement for more information and to apply online.