Litigation Support Specialist
- Position Number:
- LAA 00191
- Salary Range:
- $4,457.00 - $6,400.00 Monthly
- Apply By:
- Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Information Technology
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203 - Hybrid Work Options Available
- Release Date:
- Wednesday, March 1, 2023
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
If you’re looking for an opportunity where you can apply your legal experience in a public service environment, this position as Litigation Support Specialist (Administrator III) may be the job for you. The Litigation Support team is seeking a professional with experience supporting legal teams in case management processes, document review, e-Discovery, and court rooms. If you’re interested in work supporting diverse and important legal issues, apply today!
This position is open only to Colorado state residents.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Litigation Support Specialist performs work across the DOL to support litigation teams in the areas of project management, consultation, electronic discovery (data ingestion, database design, review workflows, searching, analytics and document production), trial equipment set up, and general issues that relate to legal technology, ensuring work of teams is efficient and effective. Duties include:
- Providing consultative and support services to litigation teams, including attorneys, paralegals, and investigators related eDiscovery;
- Providing information technology and data management advice and guidance by consulting with legal teams to determine which solutions will work most efficiently and effectively for their specific case needs;
- Managing and overseeing litigation support projects and trial presentation systems; Managing the purchase, acquisition and implementation of various litigation support (including eDiscovery tools/ platforms, document management, and legal research software and project-related materials;
- Researching legal technology trends, analyzing various products and services to recommend to the Litigation Support Lead and Litigation Support Supervisor;
- Developing and implementing electronic discovery solutions by providing guidance on discovery planning and implementation, document processing and storage, data filtering tools, site configuration, workflow management, search tools and techniques, and production of documents;
- Managing and overseeing the creation and development of legal productions within multiple eDiscovery platforms; and
- Educating and training legal staff on technologies and resources available within the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in legal studies, business, information technology, computer information systems, or other related field; AND
- Two (2) years of experience in a professional legal or technical role assisting with litigation support tasks, such as participating in legal team meetings to determine requirements, assisting with document review and electronic storage requirements, or managing litigation support related software. This experience must include providing support to multiple team members.
- Professional or technical experience in litigation support will substitute on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor’s degree.
- A Master’s degree in public administration or CIS, or a Juris Doctorate or a closely related field will substitute for one year of the required experience.
- Critical thinking and analysis skills, including the ability to make decisions based on unit procedures and applicable laws
- Time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail to ensure accuracy, thoroughness, and consistency of all work product
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively on a team
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience as a paralegal or similar legal professional
- Experience assisting with process innovation/ improvement in a professional setting
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the litigation process
- High technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to learn new systems
- Ability to communicate in both technical and legal terms, including the ability to serve as a liaison
- Experience utilizing eDiscovery review platforms, such as Relativity, Everlaw, or iPro
- Experience utilizing case management systems, such as ProLaw
- Experience utilizing legal research platforms, such as Westlaw
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
This position will be eligible for hybrid work. The position will be required to be in the office a few times per week. Ideally, the position will work 3 days in office and 2 days remotely.