Program Assistant I
- Division of Community Engagement
- Position Number:
- Salary Range:
- $50,822.00 - $65,000.00 Yearly
- Apply By:
- Wednesday, May 31, 2023, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
- Release Date:
- Friday, May 19, 2023
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
The Office of the Attorney General has an exciting opportunity to join the Division of Community Engagement as a Program Assistant! The Program Assistant is a critical role for the team and provides executive support to the Director as well as office management for the whole Division of Community Engagement team. This position is best suited for someone who likes working with people, is a skilled problem solver, is detail-oriented, and has a passion for public service. The Program Assistant position offers the opportunity to work with a highly engaged and collaborative workforce, while interacting with a wide variety of internal and external partners. If you’re interested in learning more about the Office of the Attorney General and providing meaningful services to Colorado’s citizens, apply today!
This position is open only to residents of Colorado.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Division of Community Engagement (DCE) strives to serve as Coloradans’ open door to the Department of Law. We work to build relationships and establish meaningful conversations across Colorado to hear the needs, ideas, and voices of the people of our state. The DCE promotes these connections through our five programs: Outreach and Engagement, Consumer Engagement and Data Services, Safe2Tell Colorado, Opioid Response, and Grants and Partnerships .
The Program Assistant will be positioned in the Outreach and Engagement Unit and will support all team members within the DCE.
The Outreach and Engagement Unit conducts outreach across the state, partnering with community groups, non-profits, advocates, stakeholders, and local governments to build lasting connections that inform how the office serves Colorado. The professionals in this unit work collaboratively to create and administer build impactful engagement programs for the DCE and serve as a governmental resource across Colorado.
This position provides executive level support to the DCE and the Director of the DCE by performing office management activities for the DCE, helping manage the DCE budget and contracts, and coordinating some of the DCE’s strategic projects. This position will provide administrative and coordinator support for key DCE initiatives, activities, and projects, including supporting outreach and engagement programs, purchases, and events.
Salary note: Although a salary range is listed, salary will be set commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Salary will be paid on a biweekly basis for any new employees starting after July 1, 2023.
This recruitment may be used to fill other positions in the Department of Law.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Minimum Qualifications and Substitutions: Please document all relevant experience in detail on your application. Experience demonstrating how you meet the minimum qualifications should be clearly documented in your application materials. Any part-time experience listed will be prorated.
Please document all relevant experience in detail on your application. Experience demonstrating how you meet the minimum qualifications should be clearly documented in your application materials. Any part-time experience listed will be prorated.
Four years of experience providing program support, office management, executive assistant support, or complex administrative support; OR
A combination of work experience providing program support, office management, executive assistant support, or complex administrative or operational support AND college course work from an accredited institution totaling four years of full- time work experience/education.
*If substituting education for experience, transcripts must be provided. Candidates possessing a foreign degree must submit a translation (evaluation) of their degree from an accredited institution, such as The National Association of Credential Evaluations Services in order to be given credit for the degree.
Preferred Qualifications: In addition to the minimum qualifications, please specifically include the details on your application if you possess any of the following, as this information will be used to assess your qualifications and may be used to determine a top group of applicants.
- Experience in a role that required strong interpersonal skills and communication with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent written communications skills and professional oral communication skills
- Experience engaging with internal and external stakeholders and providing exceptional customer service
- Commitment to and passion for public service
- Interest in community engagement and engaging with different and diverse communities
- Demonstrated experience with problem-solving, researching, and strategic reasoning
- Demonstrated familiarity with state and other government programs
- Strong technology skills and ability to learn new systems
- A highly motivated, self-starter who can also work effectively in teams
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Strong Customer Service skills and commitment to responsiveness and accountability
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
- This position may include some occasional travel across Colorado and travel may increase based on interest.
- This position is eligible for a hybrid schedule which requires the employee to be in the office 3-days a week.
To view the full job announcement and to apply, please visit the State of Colorado jobs page.