Colorado Kids MoneyWi$er™
Purpose: The MoneyWi$er Financial Innovation Awards are presented by the Office of the Colorado Attorney General in partnership with the Colorado Department of Education. The awards will recognize distinguished school districts, schools and individuals which have demonstrated a priority in personal finance education throughout their school and community. In addition to statewide recognition for the awards, honorees will be awarded funds to continue elevating personal finance education in Colorado and their communities.
Financial Innovation Awards Honoree Categories:
The MoneyWi$er Financial Innovation Awards will designate honorees in four categories: Student Scholarship, Educator, School and School District.
- Student Scholarship $1,500– Any student applying or the MoneyWi$er student scholarship must be eligible and meet applicant requirements. All Student Scholarship Honorees selected will be awarded $1,500.
- Educator Honoree $3,500 – Educators who prioritize personal finance education in their classroom and school, and demonstrate an exceptional impact on their community and school by teaching personal finance will be selected as honorees. Those selected as honorees will be awarded $3,500. Educators who are not selected as honorees, but show exemplary effort in personal finance education will be awarded a Financial Innovation Award.
- School Honoree $10,000 – Applicant schools who prioritize personal finance education, exemplify best practices in personal finance education, and provide an innovate proposal of continuing to elevate personal finance education will be honored with a $10,000 award.
- School District Honoree $15,000 - Applicant school district who prioritize personal finance education, exemplify best practices in personal finance education, and provide an innovate proposal of continuing to elevate personal finance education throughout their district will be honored with a $10,000 award.
Applicants may apply in one or more categories. For example, an educator could also apply on behalf of their school and their school district. See links below for further detail.
To apply for the MoneyWi$er Financial Innovation Awards complete the relevant application below:
- Student Scholarship $1,500
- Educator Honoree $3,500 Application
- School Honoree $10,000 Application
- School District Honoree $15,000 Application
The application window for FIEA will be from March 25, 2019 until June 28th, 2019. All applications must be completed and submitted no later than 11:59PM on June 28th, 2019.
The proposal template for Schools and Districts can be found here.
All Colorado public school districts, private/charter/public schools, educators and students will be eligible to submit a nominee application for the Financial Innovation in Education Award. Applications may be submitted by the nominee or a third party. Self nomination is permitted and encouraged. Any nominee is eligible to apply in multiple categories.
How To Get Started