Complaint Intake Coordinator (Technician III)
- Division of Community Engagement
- Position Number:
- LAA 00618
- Salary Range:
- $3,805.00 - $4,588.00 Monthly
- Apply By:
- Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Consumer Engagement and Data Services
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
- Release Date:
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
Find a rewarding career making a difference: Join the Office of the Attorney General!
The Complaint Intake Coordinator in the Consumer Engagement and Data Services Unit serves in a critical role assisting residents of CO. This position serves as the primary contact for consumers and has a critical role in conducting intake of complaints. This position is perfect for someone who enjoys new challenges in their role, and thrives on their strong judgement and decision-making skills. This position is perfect for an empathetic individual who wants to be part of a collaborative team that will impact the lives of Coloradans!
This position is open only to Colorado state residents.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Consumer Engagement and Data Services Unit performs consumer fraud intake functions for the Consumer Protection Section and will ultimately conduct these functions on behalf of the Department of Law (“DOL”). The Consumer Engagement and Data Services Unit is positioned on the “front lines,” interacting daily with constituents, other support agencies, and DOL staff in investigative units. The Unit also provides data services to the DOL, providing detailed statistical and analytical reports to support investigative efforts, education and outreach programs, and policy related matters.
This position will primarily handle the call center operations on behalf of the Consumer Engagement and Data Services Unit. Main responsibilities include managing large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner while creating a positive experience for each caller. This position determines caller issues and concerns, addresses and provides accurate responses and referrals to inquiries and researches potential answers for emerging issues. This position also conducts the initial intake, scanning, and data entry of digital and mail-based consumer complaints and responds to consumer complaints by writing detailed, custom correspondence that addresses consumer issues. This position also researches and collects data to support investigations, education and outreach efforts, and policy decisions while maintaining call center resource guides.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Three years of experience in customer service, administrative support, or clerical support.
- Of the three years of experience, one year must include experience managing incoming or outgoing calls as a main function of your job.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, public administration, English, sociology, psychology, communication or closely related field may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
- There is NO substitution for the one year of required experience managing incoming or outgoing calls as a main function of your job.
- Demonstrated accurate data entry skills;
- Demonstrated customer service skills;
- General computer skills and knowledge of MS Office (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook);
- Must be detail oriented and have strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking skills;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize job duties.
- Previous experience working for the State of Colorado;
- Experience beyond the required three years conducting complaint intake of complex issues;
- Experience conducting methodical and systematic collection of data, gathering vast and diverse amounts of information;
- Data management experience that requires adhering to strict data quality and data integrity processes;
- Engaging in extensive research;
- Experience in conducting document review for investigative and analytical purposes;
- Bilingual skills to interact with Spanish-speaking consumers calling or writing for assistance, such as reviewing and translating consumer complaints and writing appropriate responses in Spanish;
- Familiar with Microsoft SharePoint and Teams;
- Experience with handling confidential information.
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
- Effective September 20, 2021, employees will be required to attest to and verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or, submit to twice-weekly serial testing. Upon hire, new employees will have three (3) business days to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination, or begin twice-weekly serial testing for COVID-19.Testing will take place at locations TBD and will be considered paid work time.Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, as defined by the State of Colorado’s Public Health Order and guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
View the full job announcement for more information and to apply online.