Constituent Services Program Assistant
- Office of the Attorney General
- Position Number:
- LAA 07002
- Salary Range:
- $4,092.00 - $5,400.00 Monthly
- Apply By:
- Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
- Release Date:
- Friday, May 20, 2022
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
Find a rewarding career making a difference: Join the Office of the Attorney General!
The Office of the Attorney General has an opportunity for an entry level professional to develop skills and gain experience in a constituent services role. The Constituent Services Program Assistant will serve as a liaison between the Attorney General’s Office and constituents, assisting them in determining options to help resolve conflicts, problematic issues, or concerns. This position is best suited for someone who likes working with people, is a skilled problem solver, and has an interest in public service. The Constituent Services Program Assistant position offers the opportunity to work with a highly engaged and collaborative workforce, while interacting with a wide variety of internal and external partners. If you’re interested in learning more about the Office of the Attorney General, providing meaningful services to Colorado’s citizens, apply today!
This position is open only to residents of Colorado.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Constituent Services Program Assistant in the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) works with constituents to explore and assist them in determining options to help resolve conflicts, problematic issues, or concerns. Duties include:
- Receives referrals via email, Contact Us web form, and by phone
- Communicates with constituents, and based on information gained verbally and in writing, the position determines where to research or next steps to take when investigating options to help facilitate resolution of problems and issues
- Develops and analyzes options available to the constituents to bring systemic concerns to the attention of the organization for resolution
- Researches and problem-solves to help determine how best to respond to constituent inquiries and draft appropriate responses for review and approval
- Responds to contacts and/or follows up with information to the constituent concerns by telephone, email and letter
- Tracks constituent issues using tracking system, i.e. SharePoint or Salesforce
- Identifies trends and elevates the trends to DOL leadership based on OAG priorities.
- Attends constituent, community meetings and events with the Attorney General for notetaking and community follow up
- Follows up after community events by drafting communications to citizens and other stakeholders according to departmental procedures and OAG priorities, such as follow-up regarding issues, referral to other resources, and setting up follow-up meetings as needed.
- Conducts research prior to community event to identify potential issues or topics that might be raised and decides what materials to have available for the meeting and how to present the information.
- Supports the Office of the Attorney General with planning and implementation of special projects
- Tracks, maintains, and reports on constituent data
- Conducts research and data analysis at the request of the Attorney General and creates reports for presentation to the Attorney General and Department leadership.
This is a term-limited position that is expected to last no more than 24 months from the hire date. The successful candidate will be required to waive rights under the state personnel system.
Salary note: Although a salary range is listed, salary will be set commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
This recruitment may be used to fill other positions in the Department of Law.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Minimum Qualifications and Substitutions:
Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Four years of full-time professional/technical experience serving in a constituent services support/facilitation role as the main function of your job
A combination of work experience serving in a constituent services support/facilitation AND college course work from an accredited institution totaling four years of full time work experience/education.
Transcripts must be provided to document college coursework
- Work, volunteer or intern experience in a constituent services role
- Natural curiosity to research and investigate to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent written communications skills and professional oral communication skills
- Interest and ability to learn about the work of the Office of the Attorney General
- Demonstrated familiarity with state and other government programs
- Strong technology skills and ability to learn new databases
- Customer service focus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to public service
- Requires proficiency with MS Office Suite
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
- Requires in-state travel up to 20% of the time and in-frequent out-of-state travel.
- Effective September 20, 2021, employees will be required to attest to and verify whether or not they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Employees who have not been fully vaccinated may be required to submit to serial testing in the future. Upon hire, new employees will have three (3) business days to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination. Vaccinated employees must provide proof of vaccination. Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, as defined by the most recent State of Colorado’s Public Health Order and current guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
Please view the full job announcement for more information and to apply online.