- Division of Community Engagement
- Position Number:
- Salary Range:
- $3,858.00 - $5,500.00 Monthly
- Apply By:
- Monday, April 3, 2023, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Consumer Engagement and Data Services
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203 - Hybrid Option Available
- Release Date:
- Monday, March 20, 2023
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
The Consumer Engagement & Data Services Unit is looking for a data professional to support data management and process incoming information relating to consumer complaints for the Department of Law. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow their data management and analysis capabilities in an organization that has impact across Colorado. This position is best suited for a professional who can delve into data analysis, but who also enjoys variety and working with people, both as a teammate and serving external stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Data Analyst performs data review and quality assurance, data analysis, and reporting for the Consumer Engagement & Data Services (CEDS) Unit consumer complaint intake sources. Duties include:
- Performing first level data quality assurance reviews to ensure collected data meets CEDS -defined guidelines as described in the unit’s operating procedures
- Making quality improvement and process recommendations to the lead analyst and CEDS leadership to enhance and further standardize data collection processes
- Assisting with team training to ensure quality control measures are met
- Performing data analysis projects to aggregate, explore, synthesize, and analyze multiple data sources, such as databases, spreadsheets, spatial files, and documents based on project needs for internal and external use
- Interpreting numerous data sources to generate various reports to support the business needs of the unit
- Producing a variety of written reports, geographical maps, charts and graphs, summaries and presentations that convey analytic results
In addition, the position will answer overflow calls and manage the intake of consumer complaints received through the Colorado Consumer Hotline, web, and email inquiries, and by mail on behalf of the Department of Law, then refer consumers for problem resolution. The position collects call tracking and complaint data in various systems.
Salary note: Although a salary range is listed, salary will be set commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
This job posting may be used to fill other positions at the DOL.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Minimum Qualifications and Substitutions:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in data science, business, statistics, mathematics, or other closely related field; AND
- One year of professional experience in data management, data analysis, or data quality review as the main function of the job. Experience must be focused on the data itself, not data entry to meet this requirement.
- Five years’ professional experience in data management, data analysis, or data quality review as the main function of the job.
- A Master’s degree in data science, data analytics, statistics, mathematics, or a closely related field
Note: Candidates possessing a foreign degree must submit a translation (evaluation) of their degree from an accredited institution, such as The National Association of Credential Evaluations Services in order to be given credit for the degree.
- Knowledge and experience with data management and experience with managing data structures
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis methods
- Knowledge and experience with descriptive statistics
- Experience reporting for business analytics from multiple sources and across multiple functional business units
- Some experience with Salesforce, ArcGIS or other spacial files, Excel
- Experience with generating reports from the above applications
- Experience creating data visualizations and designing output
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to speak professionally with empathy to a wide variety of stakeholders
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
This position will be eligible for hybrid work. The position will be required to be in the office a few times per week. Ideally, the position will work 3 days in office and 2 days remotely.
Please view the full job announcement for more information and to apply online.