The Financial Security Coalition has three workgroups dedicated to closing the gaps in financial security for older Coloradans:
Community Engagement: Build broad partnerships with an equitable lens.
Goals of the Community Engagement Workgroup include:
- Ensure inclusive and diverse representation in the Coalition
- Assemble a comprehensive inventory of current programming and services across the state of Colorado for elder abuse, financial literacy, and financial security.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration, gap analysis.
- Assess state effectiveness in financial literacy and security programming.
Research and Policy: Integrate national best practices to inform Colorado.
Goals of the Research and Policy Workgroup include:
- Conduct research and analysis of state-based approaches to address financial security and fraud.
- Identify state-based best practices to and determine method for appropriate integration (i.e., departmental rule change, statutory, private sector solutions).
- Recommend statewide strategies to ensure maximum consumer protection for older Coloradans.
Statewide Marketing: Strategizing campaigns/efforts across the state.
Goals of the Statewide Marketing Workgroup include:
- Coordinating a robust consumer protection campaign.
- This group is considering sharing Stop Fraud’s work with other state agencies as it related to older Coloradans and exploring collaboration on that front. It would also work on the strategy to collaborate with all state agencies and organizations in the elder abuse prevention space.
- Create a statewide communication strategy with a common vision for consumer protection and financial security for older adults.
Interested in joining the Financial Security Coalition? Contact us at email@example.com.