The Substance Abuse Trend and Response Task Force seats three committees:
SuPPoRT Colorado Steering committee
The Supporting Perinatal substance use Prevention, Recovery, and Treatment in Colorado (SuPPoRT Colorado) Steering Committee seeks to identify and implement strategies for reducing the number of families impacted by substance use during pregnancy and for improving outcomes for families across the lifespan.
- Kathryn Wells, MD, Medical Director, Denver Family Crisis Center
- Jade Woodard, Executive Director of Colorado Alliance for Drug Endangered Children
Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention Committee
The Colorado Consortium for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention serves as the Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention Committee of the Task Force and consists of seven work groups that are responsible for implementing the goals and strategies of the Governor’s Colorado Plan to Reduce Prescription Drug Abuse (2013).
Chair: Robert Valuck, Ph.D., Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Colorado
The Colorado State Epidemiological Outcomes Workgroup serves as the Data Committee of the Task Force. The SEOW consists of representatives of several state departments and other partners that manage and analyze data relevant to substance use and abuse.
- Sharon Liu, Senior Manager, Community Prevention Programs, Colorado Office of Behavioral Health
- Shaina Riciputi Swain, Research Associate, Butler Institute for Families
SBIRT Advisory Council
The SBIRT Advisory Council identifies best practice approaches and barriers to implementing Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment as a standard of care throughout Colorado’s health and mental health care systems.
- Ellen Velez, SBIRT Program Manager, Peer Assistance Services