IT Help Desk Technician
- Position Number:
- Salary Range:
- $48,000.00 - $72,000.00 Yearly
- Apply By:
- Tuesday, January 23, 2024, 11:59 pm
- Work Unit:
- Information Technology
- Job Location:
- 1300 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
- Release Date:
- Thursday, January 11, 2024
- Employment Type:
- Position Type:
This position is open only to Colorado state residents.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Information Technology (IT) Unit provides user-friendly, reliable office automation, legal research, and information management so that the department can represent the client agencies and the State of Colorado in legal matters as competently and economically as possible. The Unit provides system design, programming, implementation, training, and technical assistance while maintaining confidentiality, integrity and security in all systems operated by the unit.
This position provides Tier 1 technical support in both hardware and software provided to the Department of Law’s users by responding to user problems, then troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving the situation under the direction of the unit manager; and maintaining inventory information for the unit. Position will support a broad variety of hardware and software used in the unit, while assisting with the day-to-day requests for help from the end users.
Salary note: Although a salary range is listed, salary will be set commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and in compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
This job posting may be used to fill other positions at the DOL.
- Three years of professional experience providing technical support as the main function of your job. This experience must include servicing hardware and software.
- Associates degree from an accredited institution in information technology, computer information systems or a closely related field.
- One year of professional experience providing technical support as the main function of your job. This experience must include servicing hardware and software.
Note: Candidates possessing a foreign degree must submit a translation (evaluation) of their degree from an accredited institution, such as The National Association of Credential Evaluations Services in order to be given credit for the degree.
- Technical support experience will substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Training or certification in a subject matter directly related to the position will substitute for one year of the degree requirement.
- There is no substitution for the one year of work experience in technical support.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Versatile, flexible and willing to work in an environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail in order to keep detailed notes on tickets
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic computer technical issues
- Ability to effectively work on a dynamic team and work with other diverse teams
Preferred Qualifications: In addition to the minimum qualifications, if you possess any of the following specifically include the details on your application, as this information will be used to assess your qualifications and may be used to determine a top group of applicants.
- Experience providing technical support beyond the required one year;
- Extensive experience servicing hardware and software
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Knowledge of ITIL v3
- Experience using multimedia conversion software in a professional setting;
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory;
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge and experience using Adobe Acrobat Professional.
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation prior to appointment.
- This position will work primarily in the office